Lately, I’m obsessed with this plant-based asian noodle bowl. We had these noodles in our cupboard for months now. But somehow I never really knew what to do with them. Until one evening, while I was taking my favorite yoga class, Roman threw together some veggies, added a little peanut-coconut sauce, and et voilá my new favorite healthy dinner recipe was born!
Before pregnancy I would have never allowed myself to eat carbs at night. It’s crazy how much delicious food we are missing out on because of diet culture and food conditioning. I’m glad I’m finally healing the relationship with my body. It literally feels so freeing to let all the programming around food go and just listen to my body’s natural cues.
Now, I make this plant-based asian noodle bowl at least 1-2 times a week because it is just so satisfying and delicious. When we ran out of the traditional Chinese noodles, I subbed for soybean noodles and it was just as delicious. The great thing is that you can totally tweak and twist this recipe to your liking adding any veggies or even animal protein like chicken or shrimps. I particularly love to top my bowl with some cashew nuts.
Find the recipe below:
Asian Noodle Bowl
- 1/2 pck. mie noodles or soybean noodles for a glutenfree option
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- pak choi
- 1 handful snow peas
- a few champignons optional
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cashew milk or another plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash the pak choi and cut off the stem.
- Cut the pak choi and all the other veggies into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok on medium-high.
- Once the wok is hot, add the veggies. Lower to medium heat and let them soften.
- In the meantime, in a seperate bowl mix together the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, maple syrup, and the cashew milk. Add the spices as well as salt and pepper.
- Add the finished sauce to the veggies. Add the mie noodles and let everything simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
- Garnish with some chili flakes, thai basil, or cashews and enjoy!
Can’t wait to see your creations! Make sure to tag me @champagnewithmadeleine 🍜