Happy Friday, loves 💗 and happy almost Valentine’s Day. With the lockdown still in full swing here in Germany, I nevertheless wanted to add a little sprinkle of love to the day. That’s how I came up with this delicious recipe for Vanilla Raspberry Pancakes.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know how much we LOVE pancakes in our household. #pancakesunday is literally a thing and something Roman and I look forward to every week. Now with Valentine’s Day falling on a Sunday, I knew I wanted to surprise Roman with a special spin on our classical pancakes. And let me tell you, they are super delicious! I could barely wait to have all the shots to finally dive in.
I’m also obsessed with raspberries (even more so being pregnant)! Add some vanilla and I’m in food heaven. It took me some time to perfect a pancake recipe that was dairy and gluten free as well as rich in protein. Back in my Tone It Up days, I would soley use their protein powder as a base. But then shipping to Germany became just too expensive, so I looked around for a good vegan alternative. That’s when I found Volksshake. Unfortunately, their protein powder doens’t have such a great binding effect. The first batch I tried turned into a mash instead of my beloved pancakes.
Now, I add a little bit of glutenfree oats or teff flour/flakes (my new obsesion) as well as a plant-based yoghurt (I’m really into cashew lately) to make them extra fluffly. By experiencing with the Vanilla Raspberry pancake recipe, I was surprised how much the fresh raspberries added to the fluffiness.
I bet your mouth is watering right now, so I don’t want to keep the recipe from you any longer:
Vanilla Raspberry Pancakes
- NutriBullet (or other blender)
- 1 tbsp teff flour or flakes can subsitute with gluten free oat flour
- 1 scoop vegan Vanilla protein powder I love Tone It Up or Volksshake
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup raspberries fresh
- 2 tbsp cashew yoghurt or another plant-based yoghurt of your choice
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites substitute flax egg for vegan version
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- fresh strawberries and some extra cashew yoghurt for garnish
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Blend all the ingredients besides the coconut oil in a NutriBullet or other high speed blender.
- Add three pancakes to the pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve on a plate with cashew yoghurt, strawberries, and raspberries.
- I also love to add maple syrup and peanut butter 🙂
Will you serve these delicious Vanilla Raspberry Pancakes for Valentine’s Day this year? Share your creations with me @champagnewithmadeleine