Can you believe Valentine’s Day is around the corner?! I got really in the mood looking at Vday-inspired food, decor, and fashion browsing Pinterest yesterday. That’s also how I got the idea for this pink smoothie bowl. I’ve been obsessed with smoothie bowls ever since I came across the Kynd Community’s Instagram (a really cool plant-based cafe in Bali). And baby doesn’t seem to mind either.
Once February hits, I’m really in an all pink mood (ok, actually anytime of the year 😉). I used raspberries to achieve this rich pink color. Raspberries are just the ultimate Valentine’s day fruit for me. Ok, besides strawberries. I also just LOVE raspberries. These little powerhouse are filled with antioxidants like Vitamins C and E, selenium, and beta carotene. They are also a good source of fiber with one cup containing 8 g. And they contain folate which is very important for proper cell division and is ofentimes recommended during pregnancy (now I know why I’ve been craving them so much lately). As I’d need any more excuses to eat raspberries.
I also used hemp milk for the first time. Not really my favorite in coffee (it just lacks taste and richness), I absolutely love it in smoothie bowls! But you can of course use any plant-based milk you like.
Are you ready to dive into this pink deliciousness? I promise you, this will become your new favorite brekkie or dessert well beyond Valentine’s Day.
Pink Smoothie Bowl
- NutriBullet (or other highspeed blender)
- 1/2 Banana frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries frozen
- 1 scoop vegan Vanilla protein powder I love Tone It Up or Volksshake
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk I used hemp milk
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a bowl and garnish with blueberries, fresh straweberries, or whatever fruit you like. You can also add some coconut flakes, granola, chia seeds, or anything else crunchy.
Make sure to share your creations with me on Instagram @champagnewithmadeleine