You’ve probably seen us making this oven baked caprese eggplant recipe on my Insta stories a couple of weeks ago. And guys, this has been seriously one of the best dishes Roman made during his ‘Game Changer’s phase’ (find the deets in this blog post).
According to Medical News Today, eggplants are rich in fiber and antioxidants. One serving of eggplant covers at least 5% of a person’s daily requirement of fiber, copper, manganese (an essential nutrient your body needs to keep you happy and healthy), and B-6. This veggie is a real powerhouse and with only 33 kcal per cup it’s very low in calorie.
Just make sure to not use too much oil when preparing eggplants as they absorb it quite well. They are also very high in dietary fiber, keeping you full longer. Together with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella, it’s the ultimate healthy comfort food!
I wanted to put up this recipe for a while now. But with my camera being broken, I wasn’t sure how take good food pictures. Then I decided to use my iPhone and the results are quite decent.
The photos might not be as crystal clear as my usual ones and they lack a little depth, but I think they still transfer the deliciousness of the dish.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for the very tasty oven baked caprese eggplant:
Oven Baked Caprese Eggplant
- 2 big eggplants
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 pck. mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pck. shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/325°F.
- Layer baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Wash the eggplants and slice them, so that they look like a fan.
- Spread the slices apart, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella in thin slices.
- Stack them together with the basil inside of the eggplants. Then add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggplants are soft and the cheese has melted.
Share with me how much you like the recipe @madeleinestanev
Stay fit & fabulous!